We’re seeking a motivated, tech-savvy communication professional to join our team as the College’s Communication Coordinator!
The College’s Communication Coordinator prepares, provides direction and disseminates all communication on behalf of the College, including website, social media, and print communication to ensure it meets the objectives and goals of the College.
The Coordinator helps to build and foster relationships with the public, members, Council, stakeholders, and other professional bodies. They create, advise and disseminate communication materials that align with the College’s branding and strategic goals. They play a key role in coordinating activities for strong membership support and resources.
- Develops and implements a communication strategy that aligns with the College’s organizational strategic goals.
- Continually audits and measures the College’s communication strategies and makes recommendations for change.
- Develops communication plans for community engagement and advocacy initiatives, Social Work Month and for various staff department initiatives.
- Works with all staff to develop clear consistent key messages targeted for each of the College’s key audiences.
- Assists College staff to write and edit a wide variety of communication material including conference and event materials, website content, promotional materials etc.
- Participates in financial forecasting for projects as needed.
- Monitors costs and obtains approval from Executive Director/Registrar for expenses related to disciplinary matters.
- Develops creative content for the College’s social media platforms (Facebook and Twitter) and monitors social media engagement.
- Develops and coordinates strategic social media campaigns and online communication materials for Social Work Month, advocacy initiatives and more.
- Works with College staff to develop content and update the NSCSW.org and Candidacy WordPress websites.
- Works with the College’s website developers to ensure the WordPress sites are up to date and functioning properly.
- Seeks out new social media and digital communication trends.
- Coordinates and develops the College’s bi-weekly newsletter and mass emails out to members.
- Works with the Editorial Committee and designer to develop, edit and promote the College’s professional magazine Connection.
- Reviews all publicized and printed NSCSW material to ensure it aligns with the College’s strategic goals and branding.
- Collaborates with the Professional Practice Consultant to design conference programming, membership engagement activities, promotional materials and other documents as required.
- Maintains, monitors, and orders creative promotional materials.
Event Planning Support
- Supports the Professional Practice Consultant and other staff to plan and coordinate logistics for professional development events, educational workshops, meetings, and the College’s annual conference.
- Ensures the communication strategy and projects are tracked and managed using project management principles and ensures timelines and objectives are met.
Administrative Support to Projects/Committees
- Helps to prepare and edits meeting packages, coordinating meeting spaces and administrative tasks as needed.
- Works collaboratively with the Executive Director/Registrar, Professional Practice Consultant and other staff related to the website or promotions and communications.
- Assists with the preparation of procedure manuals, and business processes, as required.
- In partnership with Professional Practice Consultant, the Regulatory and Candidacy Consultant will work to enhance professional social work development opportunities across the province.
- Post-secondary education in communications, public relations, marketing, business administration or a related field.
- Will have a minimum of two (2) years progressive experience in communication and public relations. Combined experience in an advanced administrative professional role with communication and/or promotional experience would be considered.
- Must hold a current Nova Scotia Driver’s license, have access to a motor vehicle and be willing to travel.
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Proven initiative and have the ability to work with dynamic and continuously evolving teams.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Proven experience using WordPress and knowledge of web design and online communication
- Social media savvy and experience developing creative online content for a variety of key stakeholders.
- Proven professional writing and editing skills.
- Must have graphic design skills and an eye for aesthetics in presented materials.
This is a full-time position offering:
- a salary range of $50,000 to $63,000,
- a defined pension plan,
- a comprehensive competitive benefits package.
The Nova Scotia College of Social Workers is committed to the value of equity and strives to create an organization that represents the intersectional identities of Nova Scotians. Applicants from groups who have historically faced barriers to employment are encouraged to self-identify in their application.
How to apply
Applicants should send a CV and Cover Letter to Alec Stratford Executive Director/Registrar at email@example.com by December 31st at 4:30 PM AST.