If you obtained your degree in social work from a social work program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE), you will likely meet the academic requirements for registration for social work. Visit the CSWE website to find out if your social work program is accredited.

An application for registration with the College with a degree in a social work from an American CSWE accredited school shall include the following information:

Upload directly to your member profile:

  1. Completion of online application form accompanied by a non-refundable $100.00 application fee
  2. Consent for release of information to employer concerning status of your application  (click here)
  3. Current Resume
  4. Job description (if employed)

Mail original copy to the College:

  1. A letter of good standing from your state regulatory authority
  2. University transcript (BSW/MSW) sent from University directly to the NSCSW
  3. A letter from the University confirming completion of BSW/MSW degree program (if you are awaiting convocation)
  4. Two completed reference forms click here. These forms should be given by you to your referees for completion, to be forwarded by them directly to the Board office.
  5. Criminal Record Check (contact local police or visit http://www.backcheck.net/nscsw/)
  6. Child Abuse Registry Check
    If you are residing outside Nova Scotia, forms may be made available through the province’s child welfare agency or government department. If the province does not conduct a child abuse check, please note this in your application and assure that the police include a vulnerable persons’ check.

Mailing address: 1888 Brunswick St., Suite 700, Halifax, NS B3J 3J8