If you obtained your degree in social work from a social work program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE), you will likely meet the academic requirements for registration for social work. Visit the CSWE website to find out if your social work program is accredited.
An application for registration with the College with a degree in a social work from an American CSWE accredited school shall include the following information:
To be completed in the Application Portal:
- Completion of online application form accompanied by a non-refundable $100.00 application fee.
- Consent to release of information to the employer concerning the status of your application.
- The names and email addresses of two references. The forms will be automatically emailed to your references for completion through the application portal.
- Current Resume
- Job description (if employed)
Mail an original copy to the College:
- A letter of good standing from the State of the regulatory body you are moving from
- University transcript (BSW/MSW) sent from the University directly to the NSCSW
A letter sent from the University directly to the NSCSW confirming completion of BSW/MSW degree program (if you are awaiting convocation)
- Criminal Record Check (contact local police or visit http://www.backcheck.net/nscsw/)
- Child Abuse Registry Check
If you are residing outside Nova Scotia, forms may be made available through the province’s child welfare agency or government department. If the province does not conduct a child abuse check, please note this in your application and assure that the police include a vulnerable persons’ check.
Mailing address: 1888 Brunswick St., Suite 700, Halifax, NS B3J 3J8