This policy applies to all interactions between staff and patrons of the College (which includes stakeholders, the public and members). It deals with expected standards of service when responding in person, via telephone, email, facsimile, social media or written correspondence in accordance with the College’s values:
The College is respectful of the inherent dignity of every individual, and strives for cultural humility and social change.
The NSCSW provides communication and services that are accessible province-wide for members, stakeholders, and the public.
The NSCSW follows the established national code of ethics that adheres to the values of the social work profession.
The NSCSW is proactive in reflecting the values of social work, and supports innovation through education, research, and transformative community engagement, for the sake of social justice.
General Service Principles
- We will greet our members and members of the public in a courteous and professional manner.
- We will listen effectively and take the necessary actions to provide assistance.
- We will improve convenience and access by providing a range of service options.
- We will provide clear and accurate information.
Standards of Service
- When at our desks, we will answer all calls in a courteous and professional manner.
- We will listen to the caller’s request and assist the caller accordingly.
- If we cannot assist the caller, we will direct the call to the appropriate person. Before transferring the call, we will provide the caller with the name of the person who will be helping the caller.
Telephone/Voice Mail Inquiries
- We will respond to voice mails within two business days during normal business hours.
- We will update our voice mail greeting advising callers when we will be out of the office for an extended period of time (1/2 day or longer), informing callers of when we will return and who they may contact with any questions (if applicable).
Written Correspondence / E-mail Inquiries
- We will respond to written correspondence/e-mails within two business days during normal business hours.
- We will update our e-mail notification message when we will be out of the office for an extended period of time (full day or more). We will indicate our expected return date and indicate a contact person (if applicable).
- We will allow two business days of processing time before responding to applicants to let them know when they can expect completion and to inform them of any delays that may arise in the process.
- We aim to address all complaints in a timely and efficient manner while ensuring that each complaint is dealt with fairly and objectively, and in a manner which balances the rights of the complainant and the respondent.
- The NSCSW conducts complaints in accordance with the NSCSW Complaints Policy which provides time frames throughout the complaints process.
- Inherent in the process is the understanding that the time required to address the complaint to its completion is determined by the nature and complexity of the complaint.
Social Media Inquiries
- We will allow two business days to acknowledge and resolve issues or queries.