If you obtained a degree in social work from a social work program accredited by the Canadian Association for Social Work Education (CASWE), you will likely meet the academic requirements for the issuance of a general certificate of registration for social work.
An application for registration with the College with a degree in a social work from an accredited school shall include the following information:
To be completed in the Application Portal:
- Completion of online application form accompanied by a non-refundable $100.00 application fee.
- Consent to release of information to the employer concerning the status of your application.
- The names and email addresses of two references. The forms will be automatically emailed to your references for completion through the application portal.
- Current Resume
- Job description (if employed)
Mail an original copy to the College:
- University transcript (BSW/MSW) sent from the University directly to the NSCSW
A letter sent from the University Registrar’s office directly to the NSCSW confirming completion of BSW/MSW degree program (if you are awaiting convocation)
- Criminal Record Check (contact local police or visit http://www.backcheck.net/nscsw/)
- Child Abuse Registry Check
If you are residing outside Nova Scotia, forms may be made available through the province’s child welfare agency or government department. If the province does not conduct a child abuse check, please note this in your application and assure that the police include a vulnerable persons’ check.
Mailing address: 1888 Brunswick St., Suite 700, Halifax, NS B3J 3J8