Help shape the profession’s future in our province on the NSCSW Council.
We’re accepting nominations for the following College Council positions:
- 1 position from Western Chapter
- Yarmouth, Shelburne, Digby, Queens, Annapolis, Lunenburg & Kings counties
- 1 position from Northern Chapter
- East Hants and Colchester, Cumberland & Pictou counties
- 2 positions from Central Region
- Halifax County & West Hants
Roles and Responsibilities of the NSCSW Council
In addition to the responsibilities stated in the by-laws, Council members have the following major roles:
- Understands and demonstrate a commitment to the organization’s vision, mission, values and programs,
- Has overall stewardship responsibilities for the College,
- Has charge of the affairs of the College,
- May make or change regulations under the Social Workers Act
- Proposes bylaws and amendments for voting by members,
- Regularly attends Council meetings and important related meetings,
- Commits to actively organizing events and meetings in their regions in partnership with NSCSW staff in order to effectively communicate NSCSW vision, mission and values and seeks feedback for members,
- Participates in a Committee of Council
- Volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time,
- Stays informed about committee matters, prepares themselves well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports,
- Gets to know other council members and builds a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus,
- Is an active participant in the committee’s annual evaluation and planning efforts.
Council Nomination Form
Submit your nomination below no later than Friday, April 19 at 4:30 PM AST.