We’re excited to announce a variety of upcoming professional development events across the province. Exact locations, times and dates to be announced. The workshops below are either half or full day sessions.
Stay tuned in early 2019 for further details!
- MAiD and NSCSW Guidelines in HRM
- Professional Identity and Social Work in Yarmouth
- Ethics 101 in HRM
- Healing Centered Support for Sexualized Violence in HRM
- Cultivating Compassion Satisfaction to Balance Work-Life Challenges in HRM
- Ethics 101 in Antigonish
- Ethics 101 in Liverpool
- NSCSW Conference /AGM “Keys to Resilience, Healing
and Trauma InformedSocial Work Practice“ May 24-25 in HRM
- Ethical Dilemma Café in Amherst
- Creating Meaning in Truth and Reconciliation in Antigonish
- Professional Training in Sexualized Violence and Healing Centered Support in Antigonish
- Loving, Living and Learning through Dementia in Port Hawkesbury
- Trauma-Informed Social Work Practice in New Minas
- Cultivating Compassion Satisfaction to Balance Work-Life Challenges in Sydney
- Ethical Dilemma Café in HRM
7 thoughts on “2019 Professional Development Events”
So many opportunities, this is really exciting.
Any details on the Loving, Living and Learning through Dementia session for Port Hawkesbury in November?
Hi Blaine, we will be building more detailed event pages in the next few weeks so stay tuned!
Great to see the association reaching out to its membership with these professional opportunities !!!
This is an impressive line up. Looking forward to attending several events.
Is Ethics 101 the required course for all Social workers?
Hi Sandra, social workers are required to complete 5 additional professional development hours in Ethics over 5 years. The Ethics 101 training is one way to complete this requirement. However social workers are able to determine and choose Ethical trainings that meet their learning needs, so this is not mandatory but an option.
Comments are closed.