The province is seeking a member of the public to appoint to the NSCSW Board of Examiners. Our Board of Examiners (BOE) oversees the application of regulatory policy, approves social work applicants, and makes all decision regarding the complaints and discipline matters brought before the College.
They’re looking for someone who is not a social worker, and who has:
- good common sense
- good problem solving skills
- ability to devote the time and effort required to deal with a high volume of work that the BOE is required to address
- interest in the profession of social work
- interest in participating in the accountability to the public for competent social work practice.
- critical thinking to carry out policy and decision-making with respect to the BOE’s regulatory functions
- familiarity with administrative law, and/or previous experience as a board chairperson or a member of a tribunal or other regulatory body
There is also a particular need for members from equity-seeking groups.
The BOE meets for two hours typically the third Thursday of every month. BOE members have the option to sit on the complaints or discipline committees, which would require an additional time commitment.
Interested? Please apply directly to the province’s Agencies Boards & Commissions portal. We encourage our members to share this opportunity among their personal and professional networks.